Sunday 8 September 2013

Week 1 (Day 1 revised)

Getting adjusted to the new work load/ standard of work expected was hard and still is hard. I am used to the heavy work load but getting used to new teachers is always difficult and my desire to impress adds new layers of stress and pressure. I feel that due to my abstract brain storm I had a clear vision of the task at hand however I struggled to find a precise starting point to draw fron. I had idea's and concepts but no clear starting point to get my ideas down on paper.

I am happy with the amount of work I got done considering I worked 26 hours during the course of the week alongside my schooling. working 15+ hours is far from ideal but I have commitments I have to honour. Regardless, I worked hard to finish my Brainstorm.


We did a concept board presentation exercise where we had a chance to view others people concept board and rearrange them as well as get our own boards looked at. I found this exercise to be interesting. Everyone has their own very different opinion about what is visually pleasing to them. personally I prefer clean cut squares and rectangles (cut to the same size preferably) with small gaps separating them. Ultimately the teacher is right as they know the formula to success, I need to learn to be open minded. I learnt that this experience is a journey, not everything I will create will be perfect but I have to try in order to make an informed decision for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment