Wednesday 12 March 2014

FMP Day 1

Over the past few days I have been trying to do as much research as possible. Research is not my forte and I must say I find it a little difficult. On wednesday I went to the V&A museum, my main focus was to take note of the stained glass windows and metal iron work. It was a useful experience as I left with load of ideas. A comment my teacher made when I told her my themes struck me, she said stained glass windows are boring. I want to focus on the picturesque aspect and the colours of the stained glass windows and metal iron work. Whilst going around the V&A I noticed that the stained glass windows reminded me of appliqué. I feel I could do a lot with the idea.
I ran into concerns later on when drawing from the images. I don't want to draw from these objects and end up with work reminiscent of baroque wallpaper. I want to being it in to the 21st century and give it a modern twist. I am not a textiles student but i love print so I will focus on this. I have not yet rectified this problem. for now I will keep drawing using different mediums to see what i can come up with.

For tomorrow I want to have completed my page on stained glass windows in order for me to draw from them and work into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment