Wednesday 12 March 2014

FMP day 2


By the end of day 2 I have made a start on exploring stained glass windows and established a colour scheme. I went to St. Botolph church in Liverpool street. I saw beautifully coloured windows and shrines. it was gold and shades of red, blue and yellow. I have decided on this particular picture being the starting point for a colour scheme.

I began to draw from and edit the stained glass windows I saw at the V&A and the church. Instead of drawing them how they are I have started to alter their faces to become the African stereotypes with dark skin, large lips and a large nose. It's rare to see black people on the windows and I want to play on this.

For the next lesson I need to have finished drawing from the windows so I can go back and work into them. I also need to gather up everything I have been working on to show a Tutor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment