Monday 7 April 2014

fmp

Today I went on gallery visits. I revisited the V and A museum then went to see Artist Textiles: Picasso to Warhol and Beyond objects: David Chichuly.

I assumed going to the see the Artists Textiles exhibition would influence my project and spark ways of pushing my project forward, surprisingly it never. I was shocked, it turned out to be very basic. No clever prints or print placement. as an exhibition it was fine to see but in terms of helping me with my project it had no real significance.

Beyond objects was a lovely exhibition to see. I think he uses colour very well, which is something I am still learning and trying to grasp. He works with glass but its a different visual story to stained glass windows. one deals with space and 3d and ones is 2d and tends of tell a story. I will revisit the workshop i did with one of the tutors and select colours from the photographs i took. Using the colour wheel as a guide, I will extract different colour schemes that I may potentially use to create my print.

In the hopes of being inspired by shape and silhouette I went to the V and A to look at ceramics, Very clique and didn't participially help.

No comments:

Post a Comment