Saturday 12 April 2014

fmp

Today I worked on the stands to further develop my rough ideas. I am currently battling with the idea of modernism. I have the tendency to be old fashion and out dated and I am struggling with bringing the Victorian times into the 21st century without designing wedding dresses. I want to take concepts of Victorian dress like the gathering and ruching and the undergarments and bring it forward.

I used wire to create structures, then draped satin on top. This was a useful experience as i am coming close to working what material is the best for creating the under wire structure. I originally used wire and a hot glue gun, this didn't work, the glue would slip off. I went away and bought thinner wire so I could try a different method. I then used solely wire and twisted the wire round each to secure, this worked better but was visually appalling. For next time I will use the second method but use tissue and glue to strengthen and improve the appearance. By the end of the second day I had many photographs of my stand work.

For the the next lesson I want to start developing designs using my stand work and the initial ideas.

I have also started to develop my print but it is harder that i thought. I originally drew 16-20 rough designs with the thought that I would scan them into Photoshop along with the imagery of the stained glass window and create a couple prints. It has gone wrong at every stage. I drew my designs onto tracing paper which means when you scan it and try the lift it in Photoshop you lose the delicacy. I then tried to trace them off but you lose the hand draw pen effect and turns into something different. I feel I am trying to go too fast so I will take a few steps back and refine my ideas before taking it into photoshop.   

No comments:

Post a Comment