Wednesday 11 December 2013

Industry- day 1

Our brief for the industry project was to develop a fully resolved concept for A/W 15 using a quote and a designer. I was put in a group of 7 to tackle Mary Katrantzou and together we chose the quote 'There are massive gaps in this essay, it is broken and re-wound, not always knowing yet searching.
Respond, exchange, converse. Be a traveller in this novel, even if only for a while' 

As a team we worked okay together, not bad. We brainstormed Katrantzou and the quote and came up with a theme quite quickly. I soon found out I was in a group with many quite personalities which was a contrast to my loud personality. I immediately took a back seat as I know I can be bossy and over powering. Next time I will not be submissive and take the back seat just to ease other peoples feelings, if necessary I will be 'bossy' and delegate so i am 100 percent sure things are getting done. 

Working our way through many different concepts and combinations we decided to explore the words broken and traveller. Katrantzou was born in Greece but moved to both the US and the UK, just like many of us, she is multicultural. London was our starting point because it is the epitome of multicultural. we began looking in book and gathering pictures. 

For the next lesson i will research current exhibitions I feel will be influential as well as locations in london to take photographs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment