Friday 28 February 2014

cultures: week 2

By the end of week two I was very pleased with the amount of work I completed. I even had time to sit with a tutor and get her feedback before the big crit.

I ran into problem when designing due to lack of fresh ideas so I decided to find another picture and use that to inspire me. It did it's jobs and I found new ideas to push my designs forwards. After speaking to my tutor I realised that the way I drew my initial designs was way more interesting and modern. we also came to the conclusion that the outfits I draw are not high fashion. you wouldn't see them coming down a cat walk but you would see them on the Highstreet. I also need to think out of the box and change the silhouette up instead of clinging to the waist all of the time.

For the next week I need to look at Style.com and see what is coming down the runway in 2014. I also need the age group and designs to correlate, so I need to modernise my influences. Also for next week I need to start using my drawings of the natural history museum to create interesting prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment