Friday 28 February 2014

sportswear: week 1

Our brief was to use sportswear detailing as inspiration to create a collection of 6 outfits. We had to include something quintessentially British but use sportswear as starting point. our first point of call was to go into stores taking photos sportswear. This was my my first mistake, instead of me to look at the detailing I looked at each garment as a whole. Due to portfolio commitments I was very disconnected from this project. I assumed that interviews were more important and that projects should take a back seat.

Even with all of this I spent the first week collecting images as I had many ideas. I wanted to create a conceptual piece taking inspiration from swimwear. I began to look at conceptual swimwear and subtract elements that that I liked. 

In hindsight I didn't get nearly enough work done, completing 3 pages and mood board was atrocious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment