Friday 28 February 2014

sportswear: week 2

By the second week I found out that I was going in the complete wrong direction. We had a group talk and I realised I was thinking too conceptual but the whole point was simply detailing. Taking the fundamentals of sportswear and using them to create new garments. This was a straight forward exercise to explore the way most people work in industry. This confusion was felt by many other people so the tutors put on a series of 3 workshop, collecting images, design development and working on the stand. I felt the design development workshop was the most useful, I understood the aim very well, to use one detail in as many different places e.g pocket, cuff, skirt, top and trousers. It got me to work in a faster way which is my downfall. I was surprised at how fast I could work and how much work I could get done.

By the end of the project I think I grasped the aim. This may or may not be evident in my book but it will show in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment