Friday 28 February 2014

De-construct/ Reconstruct: week 1

I spent week 1 completing 3 workshops: 1. A styling workshop where we had to restyle old clothes to create new ways of wearing, 2. Another styling workshop where we had to cut up the clothes creating new complete garments and 3. To create abstract collages inspired by de-constructing and reconstructing. I did not take to the project too well, I never engaged with the title like I should have. I found working with the existing seam lines and shapes to be challenging. I also found I was using the clothes to create 'pretty dresses' which defeats the purpose. By the end of the week I started to understand the idea a bit more and began working towards my final piece.

I thought that it would be a good idea to collaborate with a Promotions student as we both needed photo shoots. I said I would complete the piece by the following Wednesday which will give her time to plan and shoot it. This tuned out to be a disaster and I didn't like how she resolved the shoot. In future I will take full control of everything, and not let my fears intrude on getting results.




No comments:

Post a Comment